Lisa Jo Rudy
21 Ridgeview Drive
Falmouth MA 02540
www.lisarudy.com * Lisa@LisaRudy.com
Writer and Consultant, Falmouth MA 1991 - present
· Develop, write and edit a wide range of publications and written products including web content, books, articles, digital and print curricula for children and adults, video and multimedia scripts, exhibit labels, marketing and fundraising materials, federal grant proproposals
· Manage and consult on fundraising and educational projects.
· Edit, develop and write web content, blogs, games and polls, marketing materials; develop and implement Web 2.0 marketing and outreach campaigns
· Develop hands-on and interactive educational materials
· Clients include major museums, publishers, federal agencies, corporations and educational institutions.
About.com Guide to Autism, About.com (www.autism.about.com), a New York Times Company website, March 2006 - present
- Research and write articles and content for a medically reviewed, HonCode site on the topic of autism spectrum disorders (approximately 500,000 page views per month)
- Write and administer a blog published 3-5 times per week
- Manage an active subscriber based forum
- Write a weekly newsletter which reaches a subscriber base of approximately 15,000 readers
- Administer and update a related Facebook page (3,000 fans) and Twitter feed
Senior Writer, Franklin Institute Science Museum, Phila., PA 1987‑1992
- Researched, wrote and edited federal, foundation, and corporate grants for a $72,000,000 capital campaign for the museum’s new wing and Tuttleman Omnimax theater.
- Conducted individual and foundation prospect research for major fundraising efforts.
- Wrote copy for direct mail, annual appeals, membership campaigns, annual reports, capital campaign, donor stewardship publications, speeches, etc.
- Wrote and edited exhibit copy for The Franklin Institute’s Future Center wing
- Developed, edited, and oversaw writing of "Newspaper in Education" supplements for Philadelphia Inquirer
Project Coordinator at Cambridge Forum, Cambridge, MA 1984‑86
· Supervised staff of four
· Programmed and promoted nationally broadcast public affairs television and radio series
· Developed, wrote, and edited grant proposals, newsletters, promotional materials for radio and television broadcast
· Designed, promoted and directed a major video contest
Associate Producer, "Cambridge... USA" TV series, Cambridge, MA 1982‑83
· Selected, recruited and briefed guests for weekly public affairs television series
· Assisted in television direction
Masters in Divinity, Harvard Divinity School, Cambridge, MA, 1984