Lisa Jo Rudy
21 Ridgeview Drive
21 Ridgeview Drive
Falmouth, MA 02540
www.lisajorudy.com * Lisa@LisaJoRudy.com
Writer and Consultant, Falmouth MA 1992 - present
· Develop, write and edit a wide range of publications and written products including digital and print educational products for children and adults, web content, books, articles, video and multimedia scripts, exhibit labels, marketing and fundraising materials, federal grant proposals
· Manage and consult on fundraising and educational projects.
· Develop hands-on teaching kits and interactive exhibit materials
· Clients include major museums, publishers, federal agencies, corporations and educational institutions.
Senior Writer, Franklin Institute Science Museum, Phila., PA 1987‑1990
· Researched, wrote and edited federal, foundation, and corporate grants for a $72,000,000 capital campaign for the museum’s new wing and Tuttleman Omnimax theater.
· Conducted individual and foundation prospect research for major fundraising efforts.
· Wrote copy for direct mail, annual appeals, membership campaigns, annual reports, capital campaign, donor stewardship publications, speeches, etc.
· Wrote and edited exhibit copy for The Franklin Institute’s Future Center wing
· Developed, edited, and oversaw writing of "Newspaper in Education" supplements for Philadelphia Inquirer
Project Coordinator at Cambridge Forum, Cambridge, MA 1984‑86
· Supervised staff of four
· Programmed and promoted nationally broadcast public affairs television and radio series
· Developed, wrote, and edited grant proposals, newsletters, promotional materials for radio and television broadcast
· Designed, promoted and directed a major video contest
Associate Producer, "Cambridge... USA" TV series, Cambridge, MA 1982‑83
· Selected, recruited and briefed guests for weekly public affairs television series
· Assisted in television direction
Masters in Divinity, Harvard Divinity School, Cambridge, MA, 1984